Tuesday 6 March 2012

missed opportunity.....

ugh......
checked my emails today. got my monthly smashing pumpkins newsletter. i hadn't read them for a while. i was unaware that billy corgan was running a competition for smashing pumpkins cover versions! i have done sooooo many of them. i often record covers when i am in between writing my own material. i only do them for my own amusement really. that and to get more experience in recording processes.
anyway on reading it the date for submissions has already been and gone! argh!
shit happens i guess. but to me more than most!

http://grungereport.net/?p=10513

 ok so regardless of that i thought i'd post one of my pumpkins covers. it's for the song "starla" - bside to "i am one". it also appeared on "pisces iscariot". thought i would cover it as it's not the usual song a fan would cover (being over 10 minutes long and layer upon layer of guitar and one of the great guitar solos). as per usual it is me on all instruments. enjoy!